Easy Household Curtain Cleaning Steps
In the production process of curtains materials and other textiles, to improve the anti-wrinkle, waterproof performance, color fastness and the fire resistance properties, additives such as artificial resin are often added to the fabric. This sometimes makes the curtains more difficult or even troublesome to clean.
Here are some easy household curtain cleaning steps for your reference:
Step 1: Disassembly
Use a vacuum cleaner to remove dust from the curtain surface before disassembly. Do not pull hard parts in the parts that are stuck during the disassembly process. Separate the fork hooks from the curtains before removing the curtains.
Step 2: Soak The Curtains
Soaking with warm water, adding neutral detergent (washing detergent, laundry detergent, silky detergent, etc.) to the water is usually about one hour; if the curtain is not cleaned for a long time, it is necessary to extend the soaking time.
Step 3: Washing
Only the curtains of ordinary fabrics can be washed in the washing machine . Curtains of different textures have different washing methods. When cleaning, only the “checking seat” can guarantee the service life of the curtains.
Step 4: Dry the curtains
After the curtains are washed, they cannot be dried and exposed to the sun for a long time, which is easy to deform and discolor. It is recommended that you choose a cool and ventilated place to make the curtains dry naturally.
What are the precautions that you should take during the curtain cleaning process?
1. Never use bleach. If you use bleach on the curtains, the colors will easily fade and lose their original appearance.
2. Clean the accessories are separately. Curtain laces, window sills, enamel curtains, etc., need to be removed separately, and soaked in a solution warm water and baking soda for five minutes. Rub gently rub to remove any dirt sticking on these items and rinse with tap water. Then put them in an airy place to dry naturally.
3. For curtains made of special types of materials:
- Curtains made from textiles that shrink easily, send to dry cleaners if possible.
- For flannel, silk fabrics and some high-grade fabrics, it is recommended to wash them by hand or send them to a special cleaning shop.
- Soak Velvet curtains in the medium alkaline cleaning solution and wash by gently press them by hand. Then put them on the inclined shelf to make the water drip dry.
- Canvas or linen curtains are difficult to dry after cleaning, so it should not be washed directly in the water. It is may be sufficient to sponge with some warm water, or a mixture of soap solution and ammonia solution.
If you find it too troublesome to clean curtains or afraid of damaging your curtains, we encourage you use our onsite curtain cleaning services in Kuala Lumpur and Selangor, Malaysia today at reasonable rates. Book your appointment right now!