How To Clean Your Mattress
Over time we inadvertently soil the mattress, and microorganisms, bacteria, etc. will slowly collect on the mattress. A dirty mattress may have a bad effect on your health.
Here are some tips on how to clean your mattress.
First – Basic mattress cleaning
1. Clean the mattress regularly with a vacuum cleaner. This will avoid stains caused by some dirt collecting on the mattress.
2. Use a biochemical enzyme cleaner. Biochemical enzyme cleaners can effectively destroy the “biological structure” of pollutants, which is beneficial to remove pollutants.
3. Use upholstery cleaners to clean the surface part that comes into contact with your skin. Another benefit of these cleaners is the ability to remove small bugs and their contaminants.
Second – clean moldy mattress
1. Excessive moisture causes mold to grow on mattresses. On sunny days, put the mattress in the sun to dry.
2. Clean the upper and lower sides of the mattress with a vacuum cleaner. Remember to clean the filter bag of the vacuum cleaner afterwards. This will prevent mold spores from leaking out and spreading the next time you use the vacuum cleaner.
3. Mix equal isopropyl alcohol and warm water together. Wipe the solution onto the mattress with a sponge. Then rinse with warm water and wipe dry.
4. Clean with a common fungicide to kill any spores.
Third – clear any blood stains from your mattress
1. Apply fresh hydrogen peroxide cleaner to the mattress. It may not be possible to completely remove all stains, but it is helpful. Then blot the hydrogen peroxide cleaner with a clean, dry cloth.
2. Rinse with cold water. Rubbing meat tenderizer on the stain removes the protein and the iron found in the blood stains.
3. Mix two portions of baking soda and two portions of cold water in a large bowl. Rub some of the prepared solution on to the stains and leave it there for 30 minutes. Then clean up with a cloth dampened with cold water, then pat dry with a dry towel.
Fourth – remove the smell of cigarettes
1. Use the same method as removing blood.
2. Change the sheets often. More frequent replacement is necessary if smokers use the room.
3. Remove the smell of cigarettes with a an odor spray like Febreze. The mattress is then air dried. Finally, put on a hypoallergenic mattress cover.
Five – remove urine stains and smell
1. Drain excess liquid as much as possible.
2. Use an enzymatic cleaning product. Spray the cleaner on the stain and blot the stain in an orderly manner.
3. When the mattress is dry, sprinkle a baking soda on it. The mattress was then placed overnight and cleaned with a vacuum cleaner the next day.
Sixth – clean stains caused by colored drinks
1. Use vinegar or citrus cleaner. These applications are sprayed on the dirt as a spray or rubbed onto the stain with a clean cloth.
2. Rub with alcohol. Alcohol helps dilute the stains. Use a clean absorbent cloth to soak up the stain/alcohol solution.
We hope that by applying these tips, you with be able to enjoy good sleep on clean mattresses.
Please contact our pro mattress cleaning service team to help you clean your mattress in Kuala Lumpur or Selangor areas today.